Friday, March 4, 2011

A real life example of the "fierce urgency of now"

I really can't say it any better than Ezra Klein because this one has me in tears.

Derence Kernek wants to marry his partner Ed Watson before Watson’s Alzheimer’s advances to the point that he can no longer participate in, and remember, the ceremony. But though it increasingly seems as though gay marriage is just around the corner, Kernek and Watson don’t have much time left: “There are more bad days than good ones,” Kernek says sadly. You’ll never see a better example of the fierce urgency of now:

1 comment:

  1. This video is very moving, thank you so much for sharing it. I will add it to the page of "Obama's support of Seniors" page.

    ReplyDelete

Did Zelenskyy play a role in Speaker Johnson's about-face on aid for Ukraine?

Since I wrote about the role white evangelical Christians played in influencing Speaker Johnson to support U.S. aid to Ukraine, I found a p...