Tuesday, August 2, 2011

We ate our peas.

Are you getting this?

Democrats ate their peas.
Republicans did not.

We’ve taken all the hits we’re going to take from now until Election Day.

Republicans threw one too many tantrums in the public square; and we’re going to be blessed with daily public tantrums for the next for the next four to five months. Republicans aren't just little brats behind closed doors, they’re little brats in the wide open.

And there is no other negative Democrat frame left in the shop. The frames are all broken. We're stripped of the wimpy baggage the Republican framesters have worked so long and spent so much money to wrap around us. Why? Because we ate our peas, and they did not.

It’s clear sailing frame-wise, folks. We’ve got to hold the Super Committee Democrats’ feet to our fire and we’ve got to start now and not stop pounding the pavement until Tuesday, November 6, 2012. Certainly the grassroots and the netroots can together apply pressure to ensure that block votes solid to protect the American people.

And for those of us who’ve been fighting these kiddie thugs for years, shouting, “The Emperor has no clothes! The Emperor has no clothes!” this is a moment of righteous determination. Let’s capitalize on it.

Or as one woman told me today:
“I’m an old lady.
I’m disabled.
And I’m going to volunteer for President Obama.”

12 comments:

  1. Speaking of peas, I've gotta go cook supper. And then catch-up on the today's news. It was a good day in Peoria*. :-) Women Democrats especially seemed fired up and ready to rock.

    *i'm not really in Peoria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sige, I'm an old lady, I'm disabled, too! I'm on social security. I'm absolutely fired up about President Obama. He impresses me more and more every day. I'm volunteering with OFA.

    Something that has been hidden for many, many years has come out into the open with the Republicans. It is clear that they are on the side of the wealthy. It's clear their policies don't work. More and more people have woken up about this.

    Positive thinking makes me feel better, the ideas flow and I have more energy. I love visiting Smartypants and The Peoples View because you are positive progressives. Thanks for another great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. F-I-R-E-D U-P!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Way to go siege!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops

    Way to go sige. (damn spell correct!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are going to give into the Tea Party every time a disagreement emerges. Look to history.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The GOP now shares responsibility for the debt and deficit. Also, we've taken away their talking point about Obama not being concerned with debt. He addressed it already and now we're (hopefully) moving on the jobs, jobs, jobs.

    Long term thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Suzanne!

    Thank you so much for your comment. That you get that positive progressive thinking, or as TrumpDog said above, long-term thinking, is exactly what I'm excited to be writing about.

    It's difficult enough to keep our spirits up after all these years of chaos, to not see the light through the tunnel now, to not see that getting through this tunnel is going to take all of us pulling together, is exactly what i'm not going to do. attitude is a choice.

    i think you are my new best friend. i'm sort of in awe that you're working for OFA.

    look forward to your thoughts and observations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ms. Pants,

    typos 'r my thing! how dare you co-op them!!!

    sigeie

    ReplyDelete
  9. John,

    History is in the past.
    I'm moving forward.
    I think that means I'm a progressive.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You remind me of a character in James Michener's "The Source" who said: "with history I never fight; with the future, yes," in reference to the Palestinian Conflict.

    ReplyDelete
  11. read "The Source" eons ago, John. thank you for bringing it up. one i really want to read again. it knocked my then-young socks off.

    and yeah, pretty much what you said just above. learn from the past, always. repeat mistakes, hopefully not too often. eyes mostly forward, that's me. :-)

    good night, all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This was the long game and its still in progress. From calling out Rush Limbaugh as the defacto leader of the GOP in early 2009 to driving a wedge between tea partiers and the rest of the House Republicans on the debt ceiling, the President has been slowly pulling the curtain back and their powerless to stop it.

    They're even ticked at Republicans in red districts a majority of whom want tax revenue. The only choice they have imo is either to start genuinely working with The President or get crushed.

    ReplyDelete

Why Christian nationalists fear freedom

For years now a lot of us have been trying to understand why white evangelical voters remain so loyal to Donald Trump. I believe that the an...