Thursday, December 8, 2011

"Then I will crush them"

Today I was reminded yet again of one of my favorite videos of President Obama.



@ 1:44
I'm always best as a counterpuncher. You know, if someone comes at me, I will knock 'em out. If not, then I'll try to understand their point of view. That actually serves me well. I give the benefit of the doubt, I try to understand their point of view. If I perceive that they try to take advantage of that, then I will crush them.

He did exactly that today when AP's Ben Feller asked him about about the Republican charge that he's an "appeaser."



President Obama's response:
Ask Osama bin Laden and the 22-out-of-30 top al Qaeda leaders who’ve been taken off the field whether I engage in appeasement. Or whoever is left out there, ask them about that.

This is the mistake that President Obama's opponents on both the left and right make about him all the time. They assume that his efforts to understand their point of view represents weakness so they try to take advantage of him...and then he crushes them.

6 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan of Obama's, but it's always a mistake to think someone who is willing to understand you is a wimp because of it. That's just stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning,
    I am with you on this clip! I mentioned yesterday that the repug/traitors need to be careful here! As Michelle mentioned during the campaign, "you under-estimate Barack at your peril". She went on to say "we are from Chicago"! We got another peek yesterday.

    It is always surprising to me that the repug/traitors never seem to be taking him seriously, treating him with disdain and disrespect. It doesn't look like they have read his books or they think he was lying.

    They need to be careful here! His steel spine is showing!
    Smilingl8dy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best reply ever!!! Best most honest most trusted most get stuff done in less than 3 years and counting President of my life time. Can't wait to vote for him Nov 6 2012. occupy a register to vote and occupy a vote

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm almost looking forward to watching a head-to-head match between Obama and Gingrich next year. Gingrich would end up going through a more spectacular melt-down than that nuclear reactor at Fukushima -- probably several times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Infidel - Me too!

    I always laugh when folks suggest that Newt will best Obama in debates. Newt has no core other than his own sociopathic ego. He'd get ripped by Obama - and it would certainly be a blast to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It would amuse me very much to see an Obama/Gingrich debate. He'd run circles around the unfocused and pompous Gingrich who wouldn't be able to help projecting a superior air during any such encounter. Obama could easily undercut his self-control just by treating him with bland courtesy. The pompous Gingrich would not be able to tolerate anything less than being treated as an important and intelligent personage and in short order Obama would draw him into blunt, reckless declarations in his effort to demonstrate how much more in command he is than Obama. I don't think Gingrich is going to be the nominee. I think he's likely to flame out as he always has. As one critic said today, it's in his DNA. He has no insight into his own excessive grandiosity and will never be able to maintain his equilibrium for long.

    ReplyDelete

"I'd much rather be us than them"

According to the polling aggregate at The Economist, if the 2024 presidential election were held today, it would result in a tie. There'...