Friday, March 30, 2012

Women's reproductive health is a men's issue

I'm not one so I can't speak from experience, but from what I've heard, heterosexual men are pretty interested in having sex with women. I even hear that its on their minds a lot.



;-)

Well, if that's the case, I'd suggest that one of the ways for them to achieve that goal is to fight for women's reproductive health. In other words, help women get access to birth control and be able to have sex knowing that we'll have choices about when to have a child.

Speaking on behalf of women, that sorta frees us up (whether married or single) to want to engage.

Just sayin...I've always wondered why this is typically cast as a "women's issue." I'd think the other half of the equation has just as much at stake.

4 comments:

  1. I guess you could say that men, republican men anyway, aren't against women using contraception, they just don't want to pay for it which makes no sense to me at all. The choice is pay a little now, or pay a lot for the next 18 years or more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah! Another way this is a men's issue...it could save them $.

      Delete
  3. And what certainly isn't on our minds is restricting women access to men for sex :-)

    ReplyDelete

Why Christian nationalists fear freedom

For years now a lot of us have been trying to understand why white evangelical voters remain so loyal to Donald Trump. I believe that the an...