Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Call

I remember when I was a child and heard John F. Kennedy say, "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country."

That stirred something deep in me. Part of what drives us as human beings is that we want to be part of something larger than ourselves. We want desperately to belong. There is a small quiet place in each of us just waiting for someone to ask us to make our own unique contribution to the greater good.

I feel like I've been waiting all my life for another President to ask of me what I heard JFK asking all those years ago. I finally heard it again from Barack Obama.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did Zelenskyy play a role in Speaker Johnson's about-face on aid for Ukraine?

Since I wrote about the role white evangelical Christians played in influencing Speaker Johnson to support U.S. aid to Ukraine, I found a p...