Saturday, October 27, 2012

THIS is what Hope and Change look like

The political narrative we hear these days is that those of us who support President Obama have given up on hope and change. That's a lie!!! The truth is that we agree with what the President said in his convention speech.
...not blind optimism, not wishful thinking but hope in the face of difficulty, hope in the face of uncertainty, that dogged faith in the future which has pushed this nation forward even when the odds are great, even when the road is long...

As citizens, we understand that America is not about what can be done for us. It's about what can be done by us, together — through the hard and frustrating but necessary work of self-government. That's what we believe.

So you see, the election four years ago wasn't about me. It was about you. My fellow citizens — you were the change.
Nothing I've seen lately demonstrates better what that hope and change looks like - on the ground in a very real life - than the story of Eric Smalls. Please take a few minutes to hear what he has to say.



That's what we're fighting for...that's the hope and change I believe in!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. You go, Eric! Stanford... what an achievement.

    What is makes me feel especially proud is that more kids like Eric Smalls can also reach for the stars. I can't wait to see what these kids are going to do.

    It's these kinds of stories that remind me how fortunate we are to have President Obama. Re-election day can't get here soon enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. when stanford was recruiting me, i recall one of the grad students there told me "i don't think i want to be in [field X] all my life, and a degree from stanford looks better than the other schools, so i came here".

    that attitude turned me off to stanford (the community). gawd bless eric smalls - he VALUES his oppotunity. had there been more like him there, i would've gone there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so proud of both you, Eric, and our President. Outstanding achievement! Your Mom is looking down on you, smiling. I'm a Mom... I know... :-)

    ReplyDelete

"I'd much rather be us than them"

According to the polling aggregate at The Economist, if the 2024 presidential election were held today, it would result in a tie. There'...