Sunday, May 12, 2013

An open letter to Abercrombie and Fitch's CEO

The other day I wrote about  the love affair Abercrombie and Fitch has with exclusion. Today I see that a young woman named Amy Taylor has written an open letter to Mike Jeffries, their CEO.


I won't quote the whole thing. Here's enough to give you an idea:
Mike (can I call you Mike?), I’m not only a fat chick, I’m also a “not-so-cool” kid. Always have been, always will be. I’ve had 31.5 years to come to terms with that. Along the way I have been bullied, tortured, teased and harassed. Somehow I came out the other end better for it. In case you haven’t noticed, those not-so-cool kids are the ones who are passing people like you by–and doing some pretty amazing things. (You can read about a couple of them here and here and here.) Funny thing about wearing your struggle on the outside: it makes you stronger. It teaches you how to adapt. It forces you to dig deep and do more. And while people like you are sitting at the cool kids table intent on holding others down, the ragtag team of not-so-cool kids is busy pulling others up…and we’ve become an unstoppable force driving the world forward.
Now...go give Amy some love. Read the whole thing at the link on her name and tweet, facebook, share what she had the courage to say.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why did Speaker Johnson change his mind about aid to Ukraine?

Over the last few days, Speaker Mike Johnson has done an about-face on the U.S. providing aid to Ukraine.  In case you didn't know, a gr...