I think it would be helpful to list the big things that happened in the last few days:
- The SCOTUS decision to basically gut the Voting Rights Act.
- DOMA is unconstitutional and equal marriage returns to California.
- The awakening of Texas Democrats with the Wendy Davis filibuster.
- The Senate passes Comprehensive Immigration Reform 68-32 to shouts of "Yes We Can" from Dreamers in the gallery. Please proceed Speaker Boehner.
- President Obama's trip to Africa and images like this.
- Minority Leader Pelosi wants to craft the "John Lewis Voting Rights Act."
- George Zimmerman's murder trial and the trashing of Rachel Jeantel.
- The passive/aggressive embrace of victimhood by Southern white women as demonstrated by Paula Deen's racism and apology tour.