President Obama's goal tonight was to clean up the mess the pundits have made in this whole situation with ISIS. And so he let us know that:
- Contrary to the pundit's endless obsession with misunderstanding what he said about "we don't have a strategy," yes...we have a strategy,
- No, ISIS does not threaten the U.S. right now,
- No, ISIS does not represent Islam,
- Yes, ISIS is a current threat to our allies in the Middle East and is a potential threat to the U.S.,
- We will conduct air strikes against ISIS,
- We have built an international coalition to fight ISIS,
- We will not send ground troops to Iraq to fight ISIS,
- This is NOT an Iraq War III,
- President Obama is providing leadership to get the job done.
To those of us who have actually been listening to the President all along, this is nothing new. But his message has been so distorted by a ranting media and GOP lies that he needed to calm the fears that were building with more casual observers. If folks will just chill and recognize what he was trying to accomplish, you'd see that he did a damn fine job.