In 2014 state and local planning agencies reported that since 2010:
- Number of homeless people has dropped 10%.
- Number of homeless people who are unsheltered dropped 25%
- Veteran homeless dropped 33%
- Chronic long-term homeless dropped 21%
- Number of families with children who are experiencing homelessness dropped 15%
- Number of unsheltered homeless families dropped 53%
...the administration dusted off a tiny Bush-era experiment in preventing homelessness and ramped it up sixtyfold using stimulus dollars, ultimately helping 1.2 million Americans on the verge of being evicted from their homes.You can read more about the ongoing effort HUD credits for this success - Opening Doors - which was created in 2010.
And so, for the "what-have-you-done-for-me-lately" crowd...yet another Obama administration success story.