Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Sociopaths need not apply

The news is that tomorrow, Newt Gingrich will announce that he is running for President. I don't think he has a chance at the Republican nomination, but who knows?

Given that I've been talking about the importance of judgement and temperament in a president, we all need to remember just how poorly Gingrich does on that front.

Back in August of 2010, Esquire published a long expose on Gingrich that mostly featured interviews with Marianne Gingrich, his second wife of 16 years.

At the end of that article, Marianne is talking about the weekend Newt told her he was having an affair (with his current wife). Here's the story she tells.

He asked her to just tolerate the affair, an offer she refused.

He'd just returned from Erie, Pennsylvania, where he'd given a speech full of high sentiments about compassion and family values.

The next night, they sat talking out on their back patio in Georgia. She said, "How do you give that speech and do what you're doing?"

"It doesn't matter what I do," he answered. "People need to hear what I have to say. There's no one else who can say what I can say. It doesn't matter what I live."

I can't remember anything a politician has done/said that disgusts me more. If you know anyone who is even open to the idea of supporting Gingrich, please do all you can to help them understand what a disgusting human being he is. He doesn't belong anywhere in public life - much less in the White House.

2 comments:

  1. Back in '04 or '05 the NYT did a little puff piece on Dickhead Cheney. Gingrich was their main source, it appeared. About Cheney he said: "He has a very difficult time working within our constitutional system."

    "No shit!" I thought, and waited gleefully for all hell to break loose over that truth about Cheney.

    Well, so much were people NOT listening to what o'l Newt had to say that there was no outcry whatsoever. I began to believe that I was the only one who'd read the article.

    A few months ago in a radio interview Newt said, "As long as the media believe you might be running for president they'll pay attention to you. As soon as you announce you're not running, they lose interest."

    He's playing a game. He must know full well he's not a viable candidate. Well, except, he's deluded, isn't he? A real sicko, and it's baffling that so many people are blind to that.

    I should just get over being baffled over blindness and stupidity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the spirit of the idiotic things Newt says, my wife heard him on a morning news program this AM and he explained his past infidelity this way ..... his infidelity..."Sometimes my passion for this country led to inappropriate actions on my part."

    WOW!! He's such a patriot.

    ReplyDelete

Israel owes Obama a huge debt of gratitude

While we don't know the outcome of Iran's attack on Israel yet, it appears as though the worst has been avoided. According to report...