Saturday, March 3, 2012

How to beat Limbaugh

I fully support the efforts currently underway to go after companies who support Rush Limbaugh with their advertising dollars. But after reading BooMan this morning, it strikes me that - in our efforts to fight back against these assaults - we could step it up a notch and go on the offensive. For example, it is a disgrace that only 17 of 100 U.S. Senators are women. BooMan has provided a wonderful list of women running in 2012 that we could support.

As I read that list, I realized that - other than President Obama - come November I will have the pleasure of voting for 2 women - Betty McCollum and Amy Klobuchar. As I continue to support them, I'll do what I can to help elect more progressive women to the House and Senate.

Today, my message to the likes of Limbaugh will be a donation to the campaigns of Mazie Hirono for Senate and Wenona Benally Baldenegro for Congress.

Anyone want to join me?

2 comments:

  1. Excellent idea. I will join you. I'm in Indiana with GOP representative and 2 GOP senators. When they vote stupidly I email them and let them know I just made a donation for President Obama because of their vote against...(women, America, workers, or whatever.) I make a small donation so that I can keep donating, but I decided I'll have to find out how to donate to a PAC that works for him.

    So, I'll find a way to let Limbaugh know that I donated to two women senatorial candidates because of his statement. Again, small donations. But it all adds up.

    I don't criticize or complain when I email. Just state my reason and tell them about the donation.

    It's empowering to make a positive choice. Akidolike. Great idea, Smartypants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think another thing we can do to go on the offensive is to start changing the narrative from Limbaugh apologizes to Limbaugh caves.

    ReplyDelete

Did Zelenskyy play a role in Speaker Johnson's about-face on aid for Ukraine?

Since I wrote about the role white evangelical Christians played in influencing Speaker Johnson to support U.S. aid to Ukraine, I found a p...