Saturday, April 25, 2015

Sometimes a girls just gotta rant

Honestly, I don't rant very often. But these emos getting into their fee-fees about President Obama and the TPP is just so, well...emo of them.

Ever since the President told Chris Matthews that "Elizabeth Warren is wrong," I've seen one diary after another at Daily Kos about how he "attacked" her. Really?!!! He didn't call her a paid shill for the corporatocracy or a warmonger or Bush-lite. As a matter of fact, he didn't call her any names at all. He f*cking disagrees with her. And he said she was wrong. That's what one does if they are sane and rational in their political discourse.

What was really laughable and extremely annoying at the same time was when the author of that diary I linked to up above said this.
...the people and groups I trust the most on economic issues, the people who have fought for my values on just about every major economic issue, folks like Elizabeth Warren, Sherrod Brown, the CPC, the AFL-CIO, Public Citizen, Sierra Club, and Moveon, are skeptical about this trade agreement. And let me just add one note here: those are some pretty smart folks. I mean, it's fine to disagree with her, but suggesting that someone like Elizabeth Warren doesn't know what she is talking about on an issue like this seems like a pretty far stretch.
As a veteran of the Obamarox vs Obamasux battles at Daily Kos a couple of years ago, I can personally attest to the fact that if - in defense of Obama - anyone EVER said anything about trusting him, pearls were clutched into oblivion as accusations of "blind Obamabot" were screamed from the rafters.

Well, Mr. Lux, I welcome you to the world where us peons can decide which politicians we think are smart and worthy of our trust. And no, I will reject my temptation to call you a "blind Warrenbot." You're welcome.

OK, rant over. Thanks for listening. And now we'll get back to our regularly scheduled programming.

;-)

3 comments:

  1. Rant on , Smartypants.

    When I think PBO's wrong, which is rarely, I say it. The thing is these 'EMOs" having been ranting for most of his admin., calling him out on a piece of lint on his suit jacket lapel., yet he says Warren is wrong on Trade agreement and...

    IT'S THE END OF THE WUR-LD! I. can't with these folks, I just CAN NOT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me just say that with his record, President Obama has earned my trust whereas these LWNJ's have not had anything good to say about PBO ever. I am very disappointed with E. Warren and Martin O'Malley with their discourteous behavior towards their president. It's infuriating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

"I'd much rather be us than them"

According to the polling aggregate at The Economist, if the 2024 presidential election were held today, it would result in a tie. There'...