Monday, July 18, 2011

Provisional diagnosis submitted for your review

I met with my clinical team today and we have come up with a provisional diagnosis regarding Republicans:

Oppositional Defiant Disorder

Observed symptoms:

Temper tantrums
Argumentativeness with adults
Refusal to comply with adult requests or rules
Deliberate annoyance of other people
Blaming others for mistakes or misbehavior
Acting touchy and easily annoyed
Anger and resentment
Spiteful or vindictive behavior
Aggressiveness toward peers
Difficulty maintaining friendships

Example:

Photobucket

Treatment:

Pharmaceutical remedies are not available for this disorder. Poor parenting is most often causal. Therefore, this client is referred to intervention by "the only adult in the room."

6 comments:

  1. Hi Smartypants,

    Here's a video I just finished creating. If you like it, use as you please - it's in the YouTube public domain for sharing.

    http://youtu.be/Ir5DBHTMYNc

    Background music by jazz pianist, Ahmad Jamal.

    Rhoda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Rhoda - that is gorgeous!!!!!!!!

    Thanks so much, I will definitely use it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, SP, I had totally forgotten about ODD, but all 10 symptoms listed here are being gleefully showcased for me by my new 3 1/2 yr old guest!!! I have NEVER witnessed tantrums like the ones he throws and I am ashamed to say he is testing my sanity big time! Oh how could you not have listed at least ONE intervention strategy?? Never mind, you've helped by bringing ODD to mind so I can now do some online research for intervention strategies, instead of just waiting him out.
    Thanks a lot! :-)

    ps - Sorry this response is not on topic politically, but after a weekend from hell being pummelled, screamed at, kicked, told 'No, I'm not going', or followed everywhere by a 3 1/2 yr old attached to my leg(s), I was just so happy to be reminded of ODD.

    ReplyDelete
  4. VC

    One of my friends used to give HERSELF a "time out" when her son got to be too much to handle. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ms. Pants

    I WHOLE HEARTEDLY concur

    And, the cartoon explains is fully on any number of levels.

    Had you been wondering, no...

    You have NOT lost your touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whether I'm wondering or not - I always appreciate your support.

    ReplyDelete

Bill Barr explains why Christian nationalists are so loyal to Trump

Former Attorney General Bill Barr is in the news again. After basically asserting that the former president is unfit for office, he is now e...