Sunday, June 5, 2011

Jock vs Nerd (updated)

In light of Chipsticks' homage to our President's jockishness, I feel the need to counter with this:

Obama the Nerd



Oh, and by the way, Steve Benen and Ezra Klein (certainly the definition of nerdiness) are with me on this one.

For the record, President Obama has collected Spider-Man comics; he knows the name of Superman’s father; he’s a fan of Star Trek; and can, rather effortlessly, offer a Vulcan salute. I distinctly remember laughing shortly after the ‘08 election when Ezra Klein wrote, “Obama is by far the most culturally awesome president this country has witnessed…. Forget beers: This is a president I could play Halo 3 with.”

As further evidence...

Photobucket

Photobucket

I rest my case.

;-)

UPDATE: I found some more photographic evidence.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

OK, so that last one is photoshopped. But don't tell me you haven't heard it before.

4 comments:

  1. Trustin' you are well today.

    Well done, Ms. Pants. VERY well done.

    May we as a country come more to appreciate these and the other qualities this good man has.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just priceless! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Blackman and Tien.

    Just a little fun on a lazy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

Why did Speaker Johnson change his mind about aid to Ukraine?

Over the last few days, Speaker Mike Johnson has done an about-face on the U.S. providing aid to Ukraine.  In case you didn't know, a gr...