Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The pragmatic progressive blogs are HOT today! (updated)

Every now and then I think about putting together a post about the great articles I read from the pragmatic progressive blogosphere. I haven't done that as much as I probably should, but today there's no denying it. As I read around, there is so much great stuff and I'm hoping you'll find it too. Here are some examples that caught my eye today.

BooMan does a great job of taking Glenn on in A Word on Greenwald's World View.

Joe has some news you might find surprising in War is Over! (yes, that's a bit of an overstatement, but the news is fascinating)

Nance Rants Speak for Yourself - An Open Letter to the PL. You go girl!

Infidel753 brings it home with a clear analysis in The drive toward minority rule in the US. Love the wisdom and balance!

Chauncey DeVega nails it again with History's Echos: Ruby Bridges Visits the White House vs. White Students Who Benefit from a Virginia School Desegregation Scholarship. He loves those long titles - but this one is full of powerful commentary...and I can't help but pull this quote as an example:

Whiteness allows white folks to selectively be a people without a history. Because they lack history, to be held accountable is anathema and unthinkable.

I'm sure there will be more great stuff as the day progresses. But what an amazing collection to start your day!!!

UPDATE: OK, I knew this was going to happen. But you really can't miss the latest from Chipsticks at The Obama Diary: A very presidential friendship. Bring some kleenex for this one.

1 comment:

Bill Barr explains why Christian nationalists are so loyal to Trump

Former Attorney General Bill Barr is in the news again. After basically asserting that the former president is unfit for office, he is now e...