I'm thinking today about the asinine interview Kali Joy Gray did with White House Communications Director Dan Pfeiffer at Netroots Nation this summer. My title is one of the questions she asked him with a mouthful of disdain.
I wonder if Ms. Gray has noticed that in just the 2 1/2 months since that interview, her question has been answered with the following:
* Thanks to an assist by AG Eric Holder, The Fair Sentencing Act has been applied retroactively.
* Immigrant youth and same sex couples no longer have to fear deportation.
* New fuel standards have been set for commercial vehicles.
* President Obama's promise to ensure that New Orleans had a levee and pumping system to protect the city against a 100-year storm by 2011 has been met.
* President Obama is initiating a high-impact, job-creating infrastructure plan with his Cabinet members.
Perhaps there are more - those are simply the ones I know about. And that's just in the last 2 1/2 months folks!
Does any of this pierce the narrative established by the poutragers that President Obama is somehow "weak" or ineffective? Does it get acknowledged that President Obama is, in fact, doing all he can to get things done without a totally dysfunctional Congress? I think you know the answer to those questions.
We in the pragmatic progressive blogosphere are the one's who are tasked with getting the word out and doing all we can to create a reality-based narrative of what's going on. I know I'm up for that challenge. And all those folks at the blogs over on the left are as well. So lets go out there and get 'er done!
Friday, September 2, 2011
At about the same time that Republican House Speaker Mike Johnson was talking publicly about obstructing justice , he sent out a fundraising...
Back in 2011, David Roberts wrote that Republicans had become the "post-truth" party. [Republicans] talk about cutting the defici...
Florida Governor Ron DeSantis's hand picked board overseeing the newly named Central Florida Tourism Oversight District (formerly the Re...
Over the last couple of weeks, there have been some developments in the whole story about DeSantis vs Disney. First of all, Disney's boa...