Monday, January 9, 2012

Supporting FLOTUS

Diane, a participant at The Obama Diary, has decided that she's going to step up and speak out.

I have been deeply disturbed by the book trashing Michelle Obama. I KNOW that FLOTUS is a strong and confident woman, and I am sure she considers the source and has moved on. However, I put myself in her shoes and I am sure some of these lies must sting. She has worked her heart out for all of us for three years, not counting the grueling campaign to the WH. Is it too much to ask to be treated with respect she has earned and certainly deserves?

So in honor of her, and to assure her that I have her back and that she has my respect and love, I am donating money to the campaign in increments of $24.00 from now on. This $24.00 is the same number of minutes that Jodi Kanter actually spent at the WH. I am planning to send a different friend a card with each $24 donation explaining that this is my personal monetary message of support for the first lady. I will ask each friend to also send a $24 donation and refrain from buying the book (the approximate value of a hard cover book).

I am hoping that other people will also do the same. For each $24 donation Michelle will know that there are many who have her back, and are taking the money Jodi Kantor thought to received and sending it were it truly belongs. Imagine the impact if suddenly $24 donations started pouring in from woman who also encouraged their friends to do the same. It is just a thought and I am doing it, but for some reason I felt I had to share this to see if others here felt the same.

Way to go Diane! I'm happy to join you and hope others will as well. Let's spread the word.

1 comment:

  1. Just a suggestion -- it might also/alternately be a good idea to make those $24 donations to an organization that works on one of Mrs. O's two main causes as first lady -- military families and childhood obesity. And send an email to the White House letting them know this is what you're doing -- and perhaps to Jodi Kantor's publisher too.

    ReplyDelete

Israel owes Obama a huge debt of gratitude

While we don't know the outcome of Iran's attack on Israel yet, it appears as though the worst has been avoided. According to report...