Saturday, July 14, 2012

"Because of the values we share, I believe in you"

Yesterday I got to watch President Obama speaking in Virginia live. What struck me was that he really seemed fired up! Some of that is probably because he's pissed off at the Republicans. Yessirree, everyone is getting to see the "then I will crush them" side of this president.

But it was how he ended the speech that both moved me and tells me where his fighting energy comes from. I wanted to write about that but didn't get around to it. This morning I woke up to find that the amazingly talented Chipsticks had put it in a video. So here it is.



We are so fortunate to have this man fighting for us. These words would never be able to come out of Mitt Romney's mouth. And even if he tried, not a soul on the planet would believe him. As we've learned more and more about President Obama's background, its clear that this is the heart and soul of this man.
I made that promise because I saw myself in you, and I saw Michelle in you. And when I look at your kids, I see my kids. And when I look at your grandparents, I see my grandparents. And because of the values we share, I believe in you. And I hope you still believe in me.
Yes we do Mr. President...yes we do!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I do believe in him more than I can say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you! I wanted to go, but I couldn't see dragging the kids there. Wish I had done it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, I wasn't clear.

      I didn't get to go in person. I just got to watch it live on tv - something that I don't get to do very often due to being at work.

      Delete

Why Christian nationalists fear freedom

For years now a lot of us have been trying to understand why white evangelical voters remain so loyal to Donald Trump. I believe that the an...